A/c button Toyota corolla.

2000 Corolla. 3 months out of waranty, and the a/c dash button has disappeared into the bowels of the front console. Looks like the dash needs to be removed. A helluva job by the looks of it. Anyone know of an easier way to recover the switch? Mike.
Reply to
Mike G

I'd take it to Toyota anyway, if it looks impossible to get to and repair easily, and play on the fact that it's only just out of warranty. You never know. They don't charge to look, do they?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "one shed" Toadfoot

Wouldn't be surprised. Wife was going to take it in tomorrow, but if there was a trick to retrieving it, I thaught it might be less hassle. According to the garage it's a common failure on Corollas. We intend to kick up a stink about it if they try to charge us. At £50 an hour we could finish up with a hefty bill to refit a switch that just fell out. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I was actually asking if they do charge to look because I wouldn't be surprised either. "Sorry Sir, has to be booked in to be looked at" sorta thing.

That's good then, in a way.

Jolly good :o) Let us know what happened, won't you?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "one shed" Toadfoot

If it's a common problem on these cars, then almost certainly it's defective design/ manufacture. This being the case, you can reasonably expect them to fix it for free. If they refuse, I would pursue the matter in the small claims court, via the website:

is an absolute doddle to issue proceedings and not costly. I do this*without exception* nowadays when confronted with shoddy goods and retailers/manufacturers who want to wriggle out of their responsibilities. I got pissedoff with being messed about and found that the small claims court is a mostsatisfactory solution.

All the best, Jim.

Reply to
Jim Walsh