Cobra Alarm System - help please!

I have just acquired a 1990 300E - 24v - it came with a Cobra alarm (only marking I can see is ART5901 on the alarm). I have never owned a car with an
alarm (no instructions came with it) and I have a simple question:
The alarm fob has 2 buttons and an LED - the button nearest the LED appears to lock and unlock the car (indicators flashing / beeps etc) - if I try to use the opther button, the alarm goes off! - so - what is the other button for? thanks Andy

Sounds like a panic button, you press it to set off the alarm and scare away a nearby Bad Guy (SM). Also helps you find your car if you become disoriented and lose your car in a parking lot. 8*)
thanks chaps!
ejection seat!
the case, minus a few cans!