crankcase ventilation

I'm getting oil in the air filter resevoir on my 1985 380se (V8). Anyone know what may be causing this ? It's almost as if ther's no crank ventilation and the oil is being drawn up by the suction from the
ar filter. No PVC on this engine either. Thanks Cam
That tube on the bottom on passenger side is sort of PVC system.. No checkvalve required as it has some sort of baffle.
Other part of PVC system is the rubber tube that runs along the valve cover.
A little bit oil is normal but alot of oil means something is wrong. I'd do a compression test first to know the condition of your engine. Easlily done.
Tiger wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, Engines OK and It's definitly not blow-by. There is a rubber tube on each valve cover, psnger side runs into the air cleaner and the other runs into what looks like a possible cold start injector. When you try to get air through it's closed but may be open when running or warm. Have to do more investigation. Thanks