Almera ventilation air filter changing

According to my 2001 Almera 1.5 S handbook the ventilation air filters should be changed every 12 months to ensure efficient operation of air con etc. I cannot find where these are situated, any advice on changing these appreaciated.

Reply to
Rob

I do not have a cabin filter in my Nissan and I don't really know what an Almera is, but previous threads in this newsgroup relating to changing the cabin filters for Sentras and other models, say that the filter is in the air plenum behind the glove box. The glove box has to be removed to get to the filter (6 screws?). The filter is held in the plenum by a clip at the bottom. Remove the clip and pull out the filter. You may have to go to a Nissan dealer to get a replacement filter, or you can have them change it for you for about $70, which includes the filter and labor..

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

Reply to
Jeff

In message , Rob writes

From Almera N16 Manual. Replacement procedure. Remove Glove Box. Take out filter from blower unit. Replace with new one and reinstall on blower unit. Reinstall glove box.

Reply to
Clive

Done the job now. It was as you said Clive, and quite easy. BTW, where do you get an Almera N16 manual from?

Reply to
Rob

In message , Rob writes

Bought it with the car, cost about 40UKP and covers all models. It's on a CD in Acrobat Reader format.

Reply to
Clive