E 320 A/C compressor

My E320 .100K mi. in great shape ,.except merc. dealership informs me that my a/c compressor leaks.New compressor $800+450 labor + seals etc.$1600.Wow!
Any chance that a recharge with leak sealant I could limp along for the summer.? Is there any place that sells remanufactured compressors ? Any Suggestions
Have an A/C shop check it before doing anything with the dealer.
permission.
-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote:

.... I second that absolutely. Personal experience is that the dealer told me that my evaporator was kaputt.... conversion from R12 to 134 required plus re and re of evepaorator.... was looking at over $3k CDN. Left it alone for over 3 years... and finally went to A/C shop. They found residual pressure and after simply purging and recharging with 134a the a/c has been going strong now for almost a month.... I realize that it will probably quit soon, but what the heck ... one or two recharges during the summer I can live with
cheers
I am assuming you have a 210 E class. You can buy a new compressor for $430 for OEM and $295 aftermarket and $235 for rebuilt on ebay... 7SB16C is what you need and do a search in both title and description.
You will see many other cars uses the same compressor but I don't know if the electrical fitting is the same or not... probably different so stick with those who said for Mercedes.
I'd have the AC shop do a test for you... as second opinion before buying a compressor. If you had the car recharged many times without recharging the oil... it could lead to compressor failure.
Thanks for all good suggestions !

$430
what