You can check several on-line resources to get a ballpark based on the
options, but probably around $8K US. More importantly you'll need to find
out what repairs have been done to this car so far. IMHO, the mid-90's
weren't the strongest for Mercedes (but the straight-6 is a pretty good
engine) so you'll need to find out if the following has already been done:
- Head gasket (the engine will leak oil around 100k miles)
- Wiring harness (environmentally-sensitive insulation breaks down and
- Belt tensioner (should have been replaced when the head gasket was
replaced; if not, it will eventually need to be replaced)
- Air conditioning (evaporator and/or compressor; both eventually leak and
are expensive to replace)
- Air pump (part of the exhaust system; mine failed but it may not be a
- Water pump (probably one has been done by know)
- Engine mounts (relatively cheap to replace)
If these have been done then it might warrant a premium price. If not,
factor in the cost of these repairs over the next few years.
'95 was the final year of its model type. Well liked, comfortable cars
but not as technically advanced as the '96 model which carried over the
same engine and transmission.
Check www.edmunds.com for its value.
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.