E320 service reset

How do you reset the service indicator? I followed the instruction in the owners manual to no avail.
Thanks Harry

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:01:54 -0700, "Harry Graham"

Turn ignition to position 2, press reset button twice in quick succession Turn ignition off Hold reset button and turn ignition back to position 2, keeping reset button held in.
Display will flash for a while then beep and reset, you have to do the whole process pretty quickly and don't release the button until its reset.
I'm assuming you have a pre facelift 210 here, 210s with multi function steering wheel and 211s have different reset procedure.
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk
Try Double Hitting the Button on the Left Side the instrument cluster. Hold it till you see the Service Indicator. Turn the Key Off then Back on and it should reset. Make sure your drivers door is shut or else it will not work.
If you have the steering wheel controls scroll through till you see the Service Indicator hold the R button till a screen flashes then hit the R button again to Confirm.
-- Stroked01Cobra ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via Turbolocity.com - The checkmate of the supercharged community. http://www.Turbolocity.com Stroked01Cobra's Profile: http://www.turbolocity.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid51 View this thread: http://www.turbolocity.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid891
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 23:58:23 GMT, Stroked01Cobra

Yes it will, the status of the door switches has no bearing on whether it will work or not.
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk

It did make a difference on my '99 E430. I tried to reset 3 times with the door open. Once I closed my door the reset procedure worked like a charm.
MC

Here is an FSS quote from a Benz Forum
<<One thing they don't come out and tell you in the book is to make sure you have the doors closed when you do this. Here is a quick decription: Get in car and close the door. Turn the key to "on" (not start). With the key in "on" position, push the trip meter reset button twice quickly, the remaining miles to next service will appear. Then, hold down this same button, and with your other hand turn the ignition off, then back to "on" again. KEEP holding that button down. It will take about 10 seconds, but you will hear the cluster "beep" and the new miles (KM) remaining will appear in the odometer.>>
On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:14:53 -0400, "Mark Conklin"

Maybe you need more practice. I reset about 10 a week, and I can do it with the door open.