Service Mileage Reset

I have a problem resetting the service indicator on a 2002 Mini. I have read a FAQ about holding the trip counter light in while turning the ignition switch to position 1 and waiting for code 15 to come up, etc. All I get is "test" followed a few seconds later by "51". I thought 15 was a typo for 51 and finished the proceedure, but the cluster never showed a "reset" in the lower corner, and the whole process was a failure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Smitter

Posting to the wrong newsgroup for one thing.

Reply to
Scenic

You could try here - alt.autos.new-mini

If you stay here you will get abuse and Cross Posts from Trolls and the like.

Good luck.

Pedro