E320 Transmission

I have a 1997 E320 and when it first starts out in the morning it doesn't shift well. It feels like it is stuck in second gear. After about 3 blocks
of driving everything is fine. I just purchased this car so I don't have any prior knowledge of how its supposed to act. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you Scott
Normal Delayed shift for cat warm-up.
Yep normal... warm up thingy.
The owner's manual for my 1995 SL 320 describes this issue as being normal...so rest easy
Peter

It's intentionally held in lower gears so the engine's high revs heat up the catalyst more quickly. Completely normal.
Own the same model, nice car.
My 95 S320 "used to" do theis as well but just shifts normally. It doesn't hold first gear while cold like it used to. Is there a problem??

The actuator element is probably gone .. common fault You should get a CE lamp soon with a code #26