Many successful people desire a luxury automobile. The motives behind
the purchase of a luxury automobile vary from individual-to-individual.
Undoubtedly, PRESTIGE, and impressing people are high on the motive
For people considering the purchase of a Mercedes, I think you should be
informed about the possible negatives of owning a Mercedes:
(1) Don't expect other drivers to be courteous to you. I view a Mercedes
driver as flaunting his wealth, and a very, very sizeable percentage of
other motors likewise hold similar views.
(2) Do not cut-in while driving. A Mercedes driver may get the best
table at a fancy restaurant because of his wealth and connections; but
don't expect your, "I'M NUMBER ONE, AND I'M MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU, SO
I'M GOING TO CUT-IN IN FROM OF YOU IN TRAFFIC," to win you many friends
and favorable responses.
(3) Expect to pay a small fortune, at your local Mercedes dealer for
parts and labour. Don't ask costs and fees because that is untypical
Mercedes operating procedure. Don't wince an eye if an oil change is
(4) Don't expect other people to be turning heads at you with envious
eyes, just because you are driving a Mercedes. I, in fact, intentionally
look the other way.
(5) Plan on seeing a psychiatrist to cleanse the mind of repeated,
constant thoughts of people dying of starvation in third world countries
while you have spent $50,000 and up on perceived prestige. The task will
be difficult, but greed and materialism will win out in the end.
To present, and future Mercedes owners: ENJOY. May you be re-incarnated