HELP! 300E overheating

Flushed the radiator recently & she started overheating, did the "newspaper trick" to thefan & it failed the test (stopped turning when the paper
(rolled up) hit the fan) replaced the fan & it still overheats!!
Could it be an "air lock" if so any hints how to get the air out of the cooling system?? I plan on selling this car ('86) however it needs to be RIGHT before I put it on E bay. Louis
jack the front of the car up as far as you dare & burp it. remove the hose leading to the catch tank. also this time of year did you turn the HEAT to HOT to burp the core?
case
i WILL CERTAINLY TRY THAT, & DON'T REMMEBER IF i DID INDEED TURN THE HEATER ON AT ALL-THINK i DID HOWEVER WILL ALSO DO THAT. thanks again. lOUIS