How to access fuses in 190D

I know this is a stupid question, but how do I access the fuse box in a 190D? The box lid unsnaps at one end, but cannot raise all the way up due to it hitting the front-inside part of the engine compartment.
Is it supposed to come all the way off, or does it require a special tool to remove/install fuses?
Thanks in advance
The cover comes completely off, but does require some finesse due to the location under the hood. Unlatch the metal clip then try pushing back towards the interior while lifting slightly. There's only a molded hinge on the cover, so there's nothing else to unfasten except the metal clip across the top.

On 27 Jun 2003 14:52:35 -0700 snipped-for-privacy@netunlimited.net (Matt) wrote:

Yes, it needs the most special tool that Mother Nature has developed - a hand :-) Press the ends of the spring together behind the fusebox, they form the axis around which the lid turns. By pressing them together they come out of the base part and you can take the lid and spring off. BTW, it's easier to take it off than to put it back.
Happy pressing!
Helar