K&N air filters...

I know that I'm not the first one to ask this, but does anyone use a K&N air filter in their car?
When I was 17 I put one (two actually) in my Corvette, and I could have
sworn that it made a difference (though in retrospect, who knows--I was 17).
If anyone uses one, do they like it? And how does it effect the warranty?
<<snipped>>
I've had one on my '95 Saturn since it had about 30,000 km and it now has 348,000 km. The engine runs great, although I don't know if it's made any real difference in performance or mileage. It has saved me from buying 8 or 10 air filters at $30 CDN apiece from the dealer.
I've been considering putting one on my '84 300SD. The dealer wants $50 for a conventional filter and a K&N is $77. Has anyone used one on a diesel/turbodiesel?
Thanks,
Tim
I got it in my car for 30,000 miles so far... I know my engine is a bit more responsive... fuel mileage went up a little bit... maybe 1 or 2 MPG.
It beats those brittle paper filter... although the paper filter traps more gunks. I really don't think it is that much of a difference in those particles that got through... they get burned and then out the exhaust.
Diesel engine probably benefits more from K&N filter... also those weaker engines...
Only thing you have to remember is to clean that air filter with K&N detergent and then oil it with K&N filter oil for best protection.

Letting the engine inhale particles is exactly what you don't want - unless you want a good reason to rebuild your engine? They don't all get burnt, think about driving through a cloud of sand or similar grit... it would make short work of anything inside your engine.
K&N filters flow more air whist 'aparently' doing as good a job of filtering the air from particles as the paper style.
If you flow more air, you need more fuel to mix with it, this doesn't necessarily mean less M per G overall, as you may be producing more power lower down in the rev range, but you'll often find it does.
You should experiance more power as a result though, especially if your engine is all EFI and can correct the air/fuel mixture properly.
I've only had a K&N in one car, and it made a decent enough difference :)
S.