K&N filters?

hey people, not sure bout K&N filters as they seem a bit max power these days, add one and the nova boy add's 20bhp to his car :)

but is there any real gain in using one??? now i have my new exhaust the car does seem to drive a lot better and was wondering if adding a decent air filter such as K&N or HKS (if i can find there one still for my car) if there would be any gain? i don't exspect a power gain, maybe 1-2bhp but nothing notacible but would it improve responce ect? and what about once the engine has warmed up surely sucking in hot air in the engine bay would slow it down a bit instead because of the warm air?

so what i'm asking i guess is are they worth the £40-50 or should i not bother? i'm talking bout the cone style not the flat replacement filter...

cheers

Reply to
Vamp

Got a full 57i kit on the 405, it sounds wicked, improved throttle response no doubt, but then, the standard intake system includes a hot air feed....i prefer it, and i robbed it from someone here for free ;)

Reply to
Dan405

So fuel consumption remains the same then.

Unless you're using the extra power generated by your extra air and fuel :)

Reply to
Nom

That's a superchips quote isn't it?

-- James

Reply to
James

Normally very easy to fit. It's just a few screws to remove the old airbox then slide it out, slide the new bits in and tighten some jubilee clips.

Reply to
Depresion

Oh funky! Where's the best place to get one? By best I mean cheapest.

Reply to
spawn

snip

Good prices, good service, and Colin's one of the nicest blokes you could ever hope to meet!

Reply to
Jamesy

well, it is boosting higher, so I'm assuming that I'm able to use the extra fuel.

Consumption has increased because I'm using more, or getting a lower MPG by using the extra performance.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Seconded!

Reply to