K+N Air Filters

Hi does anyone have any experience with K+N air filters fitted to a hdi engine?. Thinking about either keeping the original airbox and just upgrading to a K+N filter or maybe fitting an induction kit , any suggestions?.Ive got a 2.0 hdi 90bhp Thanks Chris

Reply to
ace13

ace13

Yes have used K&N filter before. in a ford and a petrol peugeot.it did make alot of diff and had a little bit more power from the ford,they are not cheap.the peugeot had power before we fitted one.it made a little diff to it,you could hear the air being sucked into the carb when you hit the pedal. so have fun from Chris Addlestone Surrey..

Reply to
Chris

Be careful with induction kits. I think you will need a cold air feed one as the ones that take the air from the engine bay, suffer in the summer as a friend found out on his GTi. He had more power with the original box!!

I had a K&N on my GTi and have a Jetex on my GTi 180 and made them both pick up quicker.

Reply to
Terrytubby

Same as my Xantia. Have fitted Eastcoast Racing 27bhp power upgrade box. They require a K&N air filter to be fitted when boosting to that additional amount. About £35- drops in the airbox as a straight replacement. Give it a clean at 18,000 miles and it lasts forever. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

i've put one in my Hdi there is lillte difference in perfomance compared to the standard filter when new. its when the filter gets older that the performance of a K&N is better. AND if you plan to chip tune your car a performance filter is the obligatory accompanion to that. and induction kit is nonsens on a Hdi ( try and find one with the right diametre)

apart from that, for the price of four filters you get the K&N which saves mony from the very first Km after 60.000Km..

make sure to clean your filter each 15.000Km or so ( depending on road conditions)

happy motering

Marc

Reply to
Marc Amsterdam