Manual's on CD for '80 450SL...

Greetings All,

I wish to buy the CD's that contain all the info for my 1980 450SL. I already have the one for my 1984 300D-Turbo. Looking at Performance Products web site it says that this is not able to be used on XP and the CD is not returnable. I am assuming that both of these CD's (MBUSA's and Performance Products) are exactly the same.

Is anyone using these CD's on XP? And which CD is it?

I know that the front end loader for all of the scanned pages converted to PDF's is real lame. I also suspect that I can just copy the files I need from the CD, rename them, and then make my own customized "Folder" on the Hard Drive.

MBUSA delivered at $129.74 and Performance Products at $135.00

Thanks, Bill Pelka

Reply to
Bill Pelka

I am using the MB one on XP with no problems. Copied the whole Cd to hard disk and then start it within the Program folder to bypass the animated introductions. I got the MB one on Ebay for about US$ 50.-

Reply to
Mr. Elbe