Marvel Mystery Oil on Diesel update?

Page 2 of 2
No... no test... Marvel Mystery oil was developed I think in the 60's by a GM engineer who later left to open his own company. It is a thin oil.

Tiger wrote:

Thanks Tiger.
I find this really astounding. If it's as good as this thread believes, why was it not tested by a test company with impeccable credentials way back? This would have put out the good news 40 years ago and the guy would have made a fortune on it by now.
A similar product is being advertized on Quake radio (www.quake.com), with claims for greatly reduced emissions and higher mileage. Ed Schultz (Radio Guru) is one of the people pushing it. I asked the company that sells it about testing and here is what I received:
"Thank you for your inquiry on CA 40g fuel additive. I forwarded your question to the manufacturer and they supplied me with a test performed by Northern California Diagnostics Laboratories, Inc. It is now on our website. http://www.hydro-zoneinc.com/ca406.htm "
I would like to believe these claims but I need something really solid before I spend any money on it.
I'm looking forward to your opinion.
RF

When I had diesels (years ago) I used to run a bottle of techron through them about every 4-5 tankfulls or about every oil change. It seemed to keep the fuel system clean and increase pep, however I never saw it as a cost savings.
Today I still run a bottle of techron through the cars (gasoline) about once a year or every FSS oil change.
As far as Mercedes recommendations go, I believe they eschew additives.