Maybach sales / this story will trickle and trickle

Page 2 of 2
greek_philosophizer wrote:

You said it in a complicated way - but I agree 100 per cent!
Juergen
Juergen . wrote:

Thank you!
--
1 HP = 745.69987158227022 Watts
1 PS = 735.49875 Watts
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

25 years ago I would easily have said that I accept
http://www.mbspy.com/other/f033_27A_1024.jpg
(my bar shelf as of February 21st 1978) but as I am older now I say I don't...
Juergen - yes, yes, I am an old fart now ;-)
I might need more than three, I am not much of a talker.
.

I addressed several contributors when I said Guys. I did not mean to single out such a deeply appreciated contributor as Jeurgen in any unfavorable manner.
mcbrue apologeticaly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
On 2004-10-17 07:11:06 -0700, greek_philosophizer

I also agree with your statement completely.
In this case however it does not apply, since we do have data (ie maybach buyers), and I certainly don't want one ( a maybach that is).
It's an overpriced car for people who need to spend money for show, as obviously the price of the car isn't justified by it's true value. Although I am not specifically stating that ALL maybach buyers have below average equipment (genitally speaking), they certainly must be compensating for something...
Or perhaps they are just Jerkin' Shrimps butchers and got a deal on one.
Marty
I still prefer Jeremy Clarkson's moniker for Bernd Pieschetsrieder (ex-BMW chief, now CEO of VW):
Burnt Fishtrousers
DAS

True.
Frank Kemper wrote:

Exactly!
As explained as a response to a posting from Dori I drive a _Bauerndiesel_ (farmer's diesel), that is a classification which is just the opposite of _elite_. Oh, and YES, I can easily live with that...

They miss them _by far_ - and personally I fear things will get worse in the future as (most?) basic requests like fleet cars for luxury hotels already are sold.

Price-wise an S-Class is _much_ better than a Maybach.

Yes. And the things you mentioned (image, status etc.) today are important even with small cars - and so much more with luxury vehicles like Maybachs.

I wonder when the first Maybachs will come down in price to that level.

I don't know if it is really _most_ - but definitely it is way too many of those people driving them.

Definitely!
Juergen