MB 1999 & 2000 E320

I am looking at a 1999 & 2000 E320 being sold by a private party. The '99 has 98k miles while the 00 has 48k miles. the '99 has a new MB transmission. Went out at around 96k.
Haven't owned an E320 (just a C220 now with 278k miles). Am sure all the MBs are great cars if you take care of them. Any advise/opinions y'all might share with me in chkg out the cars and your experience in owning one would be appreciated.
Is the E320 serviceable by a weekend mechanic like myself. I mean just the basic stuff (oil change, brake pads/rotors, shocks, sway bar links. How about tie rod ends? Does it have ball joints?
Thanks in advance.
It is totally serviceble by anyone... don't worry.
Are you buying both or considering which one? I'd probably buy the 2000 and buy AAA extended warranty to go with it.
Its not from a dealer....
You don't need to buy from dealer to get AAA extended warranty.