E320 Transmission

I have a 1997 E320 and when it first starts out in the morning it doesn't shift well. It feels like it is stuck in second gear. After about 3 blocks of driving everything is fine. I just purchased this car so I don't have any prior knowledge of how its supposed to act. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you Scott

Reply to
Scott

Normal Delayed shift for cat warm-up.

Reply to
AJDalton7

Yep normal... warm up thingy.

Reply to
Tiger

The owner's manual for my 1995 SL 320 describes this issue as being normal...so rest easy

Peter

Reply to
Peter W Peternouschek

It's intentionally held in lower gears so the engine's high revs heat up the catalyst more quickly. Completely normal.

Own the same model, nice car.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

My 95 S320 "used to" do theis as well but just shifts normally. It doesn't hold first gear while cold like it used to. Is there a problem??

Reply to
Alvin

The actuator element is probably gone .. common fault You should get a CE lamp soon with a code #26

Reply to
AJDalton7