Mechanic swapped petroleum oil for synthetic

96 c280
Altho a mechanic was given instructions to use synthetic oil, during the 120k checkup the shop used petroleum oil for the oil change.
What's the get-well for this? New oil, new filter, punch the mechanic
in the head...?
Thanks
Gee....after hearing everyone calling dealerships 'stealerships' and that independant shops and mechanics are gods, this breathes a breath of fresh air into the BS!
Take it back and make them change the oil and filter on their dime. That is a comeback on them/him.

Thanks- that was the plan, so far, but I wasn't sure if putting additional miles on the car is a smart thing or not. I was thinking about swapping the oil myself to avoid more miles, but if that won't cause damage then I'm with you: we'll have the shop do it.
Thanks again!
Karl wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Petroleum oil does not damage anything but it does not remain good as many miles as synthetic does.
Reg: Harri
Thanks! Good to know.
On 2005-02-07 08:50:42 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com said:

Make sure they let the car idle till it's hot before draining the "real" oil.
This will insure that more of it comes out.
Marty
PS Don't hit the mechanic... You might need him again later.

It'll be fine. New dino juice is better than old synthetic anyway.