Mercedes engineering humor

All of the above results from getting tagged in the rear by some airhead on a cellphone:
The rear window wiper on my new MB Wagon wipes the metal tailgate, not the
window. This was an OEM part from Germany. Must've been a schnapps break. Motor installed bass-ackwards.
Here's another MB engineering joke -- the airbags failed to operate yet the MB version of Onstar did contact the police.
Here's another MB engineering joke -- as a result of the collision all the seatbelts had to be replaced -- you can't get MB seatbelts in the U.S. from MBUSA -- they have to be ordered from Germany and the boxes have been incorrectly labeled in Germany such that left and right components are in the wrong boxes.
Here's another MB engineering/supply chain joke -- there were no rear bumpers in stock in the U.S. -- had to be airfreighted from Germany.
And here's a Siemens engineering joke -- the GPS system was replaced 3 times before it worked correctly.
Don't understand this and similar stockholding gripes.
So it's airfreighted from Germany not airfreighted or trucked from Alabama or wherever. And?
DAS
"Johnson" < snipped-for-privacy@comt.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...
Not to mention that 30 years down the road you could still have them airfreighted from Germany, versus every other car company where you would have to find some custom part since they wouldn't stock it any more.
He's right though, there is some bass-ackwards stuff, like my 380SE came from the factor with a right rear seatbelt installed where the left rear seatbelt goes (and it's still there to this day), and there was a german newspaper wedged between the steering column and the knee bolster when the car was new.

Well, that tells you the manufacturing date...
:-) DAS
"marlin" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net.nospam> wrote in message
Hehe...you know, I wonder if the fact that my 380SE was one of the lasts makes it any faster. I've documented 0-60 in 9.6 when I had a leaky (turned out to be the tech had installed a new injector seal without taking the old one out) and from the difference in feel I wouldn't be surprised if now I can get 9.0. According to an old motor trend, the 380SEC goes to 60 in 9.8. Richard

Probably just exceptionally well run in.
In 1980 I received a new W123 200D from my then company and ran it in very carefully. My top speed was higher than that of my colleagues' 200Ds, I think as a result of the first 1500 km.
DAS
"marlin" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net.nospam> wrote in message

Airbags are designed to NOT deploy in a rear end collision.