Unlock all doors by turning key twice?

Is there a way for a user to enable all power doors to unlock when the key is turned twice in the door locks? I used to have this feature until the '97 Explorer went to Ford for some body work. The truck was broken into while my wife was at the hospital delivering our first child. The guy jimmy the passenger door lock right off the door. I took it into Ford and they had it fixed up, but now I can't unlock all the doors at once by turning twice in any of the door locks. Is this a quick fix where I can just push a few buttons myself? I don't really want to take it back to Ford unless I have to. I had to wait two weeks before they took it in and I was without the truck for four days.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Uncle Albert

Fred 2

There is some kind of switch that tells the computer when the door is unlocked. It is also used to disarm the alarm when you open the door with your key instead of the fob. I would arm your alarm wait 30 seconds and then open the door with your key in the lock. If there is a problem with the switch the alarm should go off.

Reply to
JaWise