ML 320

Yesterday, I noticed that everytime I put my foot on the brake a light comes on. I'm taking the car to the garage, but I would like to have an idea of what could be, before doing that, because I'm a woman and I don't
have much knowledge about cars.
Thank you
Maria Grandoit

Worn brake pads? Low brake fluid level? How does the light look like (the symbol there)?
See which light is it - brake or some other light