Power Steering on ML 320 location

Hi,

Sorry to say that I can not find the location under the hood to fill the power steering fluid, which my owners manual does not show the location of fluid fill, started making a strange sound, and small drops of a new fluid are on the floor-so I think it's the steering fluid, which the owners manual says the car holds 0.65 QTr. Help-

Reply to
WJS

See

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 NHTSA Recall ID Number: 03V121000 Recall Date: MAR 27, 2003 Component: STEERING:HYDRAULIC POWER ASSIST:HOSE, PIPING, AND CONNECTIONS Potential Units Affected: 211000 Summary: ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE HOSE CLAMP USED TO SECURE THE POWER STEERING FLUID COOLING HOSE TO THE POWER STEERING FLUID COOLER MAY NOT PROVIDE SUFFICIENT CLAMPING FORCE FOR THIS CONNECTION. Consequence: THE LOSS OF POWER STEERING FLUID MAY RESULT IN DIMINISHED POWER STEERING OVER TIME AND ULTIMATELY CAN DAMAGE THE POWER STEERING PUMP. Remedy: DEALERS WILL INSTALL A NEW HOSE CLAMP ON THE POWER STEERING HOSE TO THE POWER STEERING COOLER. DURING CLAMP REPLACEMENT, THE POWER STEERING COOLING HOSE WILL BE INSPECTED AND REPLACED AS NECESSARY. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN JUNE 16, 2003. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT MERCEDES-BENZ AT 1-800-367-6372. Notes: MERCEDES-BENZ USA, LLC., 2003-040005 & w163 Power steering Check for leakage.pdf (129.2 K)
Power steering Replace Hose.pdf (304.7 K)
Power Steering fill & bleed oil.pdf (248.9 K)
Power Steering check & correct oil level.pdf (472.8 K)
Power Steering Oils used.pdf (9.1 K)
DanlK, FYI Services Collectibles
FYIS.org/