Oil Leak on 83 240D

Found an oil leak today... only had the car on the road for 3 weeks so I was a little bummed. Then I realized I'd rather be leaking oil than burning it.
:)
Anyway, now for the question... the leak seems to be coming off the bottom of the oil cooler. It's pretty had to see down there, but I don't think it's the connections to the supply/return hoses, but rather between the block on the bottom of the cooler and where the pipes behind the fins are. Is there any hope in repairing this unit, or should I just plan on pulling and replacing it? And, if I have to replace it, should I dare to put a used one it (probably havable for $50USD) or should I just suck it up and buy a new one?
Any advice here is welcome. The engine only has 157k miles on it, and I'd like it to last a while.
Cheers,
-Jason

You've already got a used one on it.