recommend replacement sound system?

I've got a Becker Europa cassette in an '83 300D. Fm sensitivity is fairly poor and I want to replace the unit. What would be a good value replacement?
I've been out of the stereo hardware scene for 20 years.....
two cans & a string would be better.
a good CD player Tuner. get your self new speakers and run new wires to the rear.
the case, minus a few cans!
Well, don't rule out that there is a crack in your coax wire and that until you run a new wire your reception will never be good, BUT, I just put a nakamichi cd-400 in my 1985 380SE. I also ran new 13 gauge IXOS wires to alpine sps-460a in the rear and alpine sps-080 in the front. Sounds good (unless you're a bass thumper), looks great, and now I can play CD's. Also cleaned up my reception a good deal. Richard