Repairing Washer Fluid Bottle

The washer fluid reservoir of my 380sl is leaking from a seam, and a new one is over $200 -- if you can believe that So, I was wondering if anyone has had any success repairing these and, if so, what the best
way to go about it is.
Thanks in advance.
Wow! That's incredible... I even checked with two sources and still over $220... I know SL engine compartment has alot of room... maybe you can retrofit a newer reservoir into your engine bay... some newer reservoir can be had for much less.
Otherwise, I'd run to Pick a Part yard and yank one off there.
If you still want to try to repair it, I would want to use epoxy glue... rough up the surface at the seem... good 1/4" to each side of the seem... rough it up with sandpaper or a drill attachment... then spread epoxy over the entire surface and let dry.
I have never had any luck getting epoxy or JB Weld to stick to whatever material MB uses. I am tempted to try to use the Harbor Fright plastic welder. Go to www.harborfreight.com and enter 41592 in the search box. 41602 are plastic welding rods.

Thanks for telling me this, Karl. My first thought was to try a plastic epoxy, like Devcon's. But now that I know you haven't had any success with epoxies maybe I'll go to the Harbor Frieght plastic welder, which was my second choice. Then again, maybe I can find a local shop that welds plastic, and let them give it a try.
I'll let you know how I make out in either case.

I just fixed some broken plastic with Devcon Plastic Welder. I have never have had any real success with adhesives, but this worked well, and the repair has lasted more than a month of daily use. Granted, I didn't fix Mercedes plastic, but based upon the success I had fixing the broken plastic of my cell phone case, I would certainly give it a try.

Thanks Tiger, but I don't think I could tell from pictures which reservoirs could be retrofitted, and I'd hate to end up spending the money and the time on reservoirs that won't work.

Ideally. But I don't know of any pick-a-part yards in the Philly area, let alone one that would have a 107, especially with a reservoir that doesn't leak.

Yeah, and he could also get a replacement reservoir from a junked car while he was there.
Seriously, another alternative would be to squeeze a bead of plastic model cement (you know, the stuff that fills the room with the smell of toluene) into the crack.
Geoff
-- "If everybody in this town connected with politics had to leave town because of chasing women and drinking, you would have no government." -- Barry Goldwater

Are you certain it is the seam? Mine turned out to be the gasket that houses the pump siphon. That part was cheap.

Actually, no.
Mine turned out to be the gasket that houses

Thanks for the info. I just assumed it was the bottle because the leaking stopped when the level got to a certain point. I guess I should check the gasket while I'm at it though. That would be a pleasant surprise.