S Series Question

My malfunction indicator is showing " pre-save inactive" and the engine icon is lite up, it also says to take it to a workshop. I don't think the car is
changing gears properly but I can't find any info on the net. Can anyone please tell me what this message means and is there anything I should know before I take it to the workshop so that I don't get ripped off too much. Thanks