Siphoning Oil Question

I was just wondering if any oil siphon systems, like the Topsider or LiquidVac, can get the oil out of the filter cannister on a 380sl. Or will i still have that potential mess to deal with.
Thanks
Oil filter canister? I don't see much oil left there when I change oils in our various MBs. I use Topsider. It takes about 15-20 minutes to finish the siphon when the engine is warm (and forever when cold :-(
Robert Binder wrote:

Yes but some oil is left to the filter if you do not first remove it and then siphon what you can get out.
If however you slowly open the filter, at some point it should let the oil inside pass to the engine (oil pan) and the mess should be mostly avoided. A lot better than on those cars where a filter can opens sideways or so.
As long as we're on this subject, does anyone have any thoughts about the oil that remains behind in the oil cooler on a 300D? Wouldn't that be desirable to remove as a part of an oil change? Would a siphon do the trick??
Thanks!
Robert Binder <> wrote:

Yes. You can also build one out of a vacuum cleaner, a jerry can and some tubing and duct tape. They're silly but they work.
Hint: get a vacuum from a thrift shop. Wives don't relaly like this being done with their. I went through two before I figured this out.
Richard Sexton wrote:

LOL! Wives or vacuums?
Cheers, ws
--
change to leews to mail

Both.
Yes, I used my wife twice the same way. A vacuum cleaner does a better job.