Spare tranny from W126 or 123?

Hello, I just bought an '82 300D for WVO conversion and it has a bunch of extra parts, including a transmission. The owner says he parted out a 300SD and got the tranny from it. But the 300D doesn't appear to use
the same tranny, at least what I've found on the 'net. How can I tell which car it's from just to make sure he really did get it from a 300SD?
Michael
A 123 body 300D uses a mechanical speedo cable driven off the tail shaft.
A 126 body 300SD uses an electric speedo driven by a sensor off the tail shaft.
Look at the left side of the tail shaft: large threads for a speedo cable? It's for a 300D. Electric connection? It's for a 300SD.

Thanks, he was right, it's electric.
Karl wrote:

javelin343 wrote:

told me you can change the tailshafts around.
--
Mauricio raub-kudria-com
(if you need to email me, use this address =)