78 300D benz 123

I have a 78 300D Benz with about 174,000. I Have oil getting into my air cleaner box where the air filter is. My dad and I rebuilt the vaccum pump figure that was the problem but it wasn?t because I still have oil getting in the air cleaner. The reason why we rebuilt the vaccum pump is because the tube that goes into the top of the air cleaner had some oil in it thats why we changed it. If anybody has any suggestions please reply back.

Reply to
300d

My '79 TD has a light film of oil showing up in the air cleaner box also, and my mechanic says that's 'normal.' I'm not sure what that's worth, but that's what I've been told and the car seems to go ok otherwise. ;)

-tom!

Reply to
Tom Plunket

Yea but it socks my air filter. Everyday I?m done driving it I take it out to let the oil drain out of it.

"Tom Plunket" wrote: > 300d wrote: > > > I have a 78 300D Benz with about 174,000. I Have oil getting > into my > > air cleaner box where the air filter is. > > My '79 TD has a light film of oil showing up in the air > cleaner box > also, and my mechanic says that's 'normal.' I'm not sure what > that's > worth, but that's what I've been told and the car seems to go > ok > otherwise. ;) > > > -tom! > > --

Reply to
300d

Too much blowby....the rings are no longer sealing to the walls.

Karl