Sports Sedan

Page 1 of 3
Looking for a nice sports sedan. Considering a 540i, S4 or A6 2.7T, E430 or an Impala SS. I know the Chevy probably has the best reliability and quality and performance, but how do the others compare? Have they matched
chevy quality yet? thanks!
ted neon wrote:

It's not nice to troll with such a large distribution...

i'm not...
just had good experience with chevy before, and bad with MB and BMW...years ago

That must have been in the late 70's or early 80's when G.M. really had their quality at a high level that set the bar for all other auto makers. Right?
The German auto makers have never been able to match the unparalleled build quality that came out of Detroit during this "golden" era, so the original post makes perfect sense.
Troll

the re.autos.makers.chrysler newsgroup.. The rest of the world knows that German stuff is pretty damn tough and generally of high quality, but US posters just can't except it.. the joke is on them, however.. the main gun on the front of an Abrams M1E1 is of German descent.. ref. http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/120.htm .. quote from that site.. "The 120mm smooth bore cannon system was developed by West Germany for the Leopard II tank. The ammunition produced by both countries is interoperable and interchangeable between the Abrams and the Leopard, thus ensuring maximum commonality within the NATO community.".. Deutschland Uber Alles.. lololololol
Mike wrote:

Yeah, it's terrible - I only know about a dozen Audi and/or VW owners off the top of my head. Oh, and it's "accept", ferchrissake.
-- Mike Smith

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:55:56 -0400, "Mike"

What do you expect, in a country where most people think GW Bush is doing a good job?

Ok, that's *two* things we agree on!
/daytripper '00 s4 spd. Keep agreeing with me and you'll take all the fun out of it ;-)
On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 00:38:58 GMT, daytripper

What's the other thing?

Damned if I can remember. And Google is no help in the matter...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd. Nevermind. We'll keep it at just the one thing ;-)

Wait a minute! If you remember correctly, based on numbers alone Al Gore won.. Yes its true.. Al Gore won the popular vote. But unfortunately, that wasnt good enough... GW still won the electoral college vote
http://www.fec.gov/pages/ecmenu2.htm
I for one was mad.
In addition, GW's approval rating is falling.
The original comment was a wise ass trying to get a rise just for fun of it...
Oh well..
-A

You're right of course.. just a troll.. but look how it has awakened others..
Bernard Farquart wrote:

Actually, the head gasket failure rate in the E12 530i probably topped anything Detroit ever did. In fact, all US-spec BMWs from the late 70s were cantankerous pigs. Notice how few there are on the road -- though they sold pretty well during those years, you see more pre-'75 ones now. The late 70s ones are almost all in the junkyard, where they belong.
Matt O.

That's a joke, right?
I once owned an '85 Chevy that was hands-down the very worst car I have ever owned. I drove an early '70s Pinto company car that was better than my mid-size Chevy. I bought an '82 Honda Accord that could literally blow the doors off my High Output Chevy V6. The Honda was both quicker and had a better top end. And, it could get out of its own way, an attribute not shared by my Chevy.

<yawn>
The best trolls have at least a tiny shred of plausibility...
odd just odd

But it does! I drove a Chevrolet Cavalier loaner on my last trip to the US, and I have to say the build quality of that all-American car outshone that of the overpriced, underpowered German. Just look at the efficiency and design of the centre console - one single, unpainted, plastic injection moulding all the way from the radio to the ashtray for the rear seats! Guaranteed no squeaks. The world-class 2.2 litre engine was also smooth and economical. I have to say BMW has not routinely matched Chevrolet quality, probably because it doesn't need to: the BMW is only sold in about four markets, and the Impala in about 80.
Oh hang on, it's the other way around... damn! :)
On 7 Apr 2004 04:41:28 -0700, andrewj snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.au (Andrew Thomas) wrote:

When car enthusiasts go to hell, they are given a Cavalier to drive.