Unimog fans look here...

I tried some of the suggested links. Awesome sites and they have realistic engine sounds to boot! Wish I could read German though.

Reply to
Hernando Correa

okedoke thank you!

Reply to
cp

Try "MAN Kat.1 " or "MAN GL 5to", "MAN GL 7,5to" or

engine sounds to boot! Wish I could read German

ahhhhhhhhhh I wish I was thinking and dreaming in German again :-)

cp

Reply to
cp

This one looks like the best site

cp

ahhhh Yes, I think I bought one of those years ago, interesting line of work you have

cp

Reply to
cp

I know I would. Though I preferred the previous Top Gear host, it was much more fun. :)

cp

Reply to
cp

It goes at a max of 90 km/h.

But it's probably a bit like the tortoise and the hare. The tortoise just keeps going and wins the race. The MAN keeps going over any hindrances with its 4x4 even though it has only 320 PS.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Who was that?

I only became aware of Top Gear with JC in charge.

I preferred his previous team, though.

I thought I read in one of these NGs that Top Gear was coming to an end but when a new series was finally decided on the others were committed to other jobs.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

"Dori A Schmetterling" haute in die Tasten:

Sorry, Dori, but I do not understand what you mean by "a Jeremy Clarkson-type job" (my french is even worse...)

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

He's asking if you would like your hair permed by a blind marmoset monkey that has recently become quadriplegic. Probably due to an accident involving caravans and lots of pyrotechnics.

Reply to
Alan LeHun

Try "MAN Kat.1 " or "MAN GL 5to", "MAN GL 7,5to" or

engine sounds to boot! Wish I could read German

Thanks cp for the tip (link). It's great and it's FREE!

Reply to
Hernando Correa

Jeremy Clarkson is a British motoring journalist who drives all the fabulous cars, has a motoring column in the UK Sunday Times, presents BBC's Top Gear etc etc.

I thought you had heard of him, actually. Sorry for that assumption.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Yeh, though I heard it might be removed soon, I hope not!

Reply to
cp

keeps going and wins the race. The MAN keeps going

Though it has probably as much torque as a small locomotive, I wouldn't mind one, would just drive over all them dumb SUVs here :-)

cp

Reply to
cp

when a new series was finally decided on the others

Here's a good article on the show at wikipedia

Tiff Needell was my favorite, an actual race car driver, the talking was done during the driving, and what driving!

Gotta find re-runs of this.

cp

Reply to
cp

This search did the trick man 8x8

cp

Reply to
cp

Very interesting link/s. Never thought of Wikipedia in this context. Still, JC has been the front man for many years.

It spoiled one of my illusions... :-( ... as I always speculated that The Stig might be Tiff Needell, despite his commitments on other programmes.

Anyway, it is Willson and Needell that I liked more in the team with JC.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

.. than the present team members, though they are beginning to grow on me. It's the way they interact with JC. QW and TN were more men in their own right, whereas Richard Hammond and James May are more 'lackeys' looking up to the great man.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Here is a current review as example:

One does need a strong sense of humour, Frank...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

That was colorful and entertaining.

.