unimog

I have a friend in Houston with a '66 404 Unimog in superb condition, including a new roof. He is having trouble getting it into Mexico in olive drab and may consider selling it. Where should I go to find buyers? I am googling for those who might suggest I search for the answer, but I am hoping there may be someone with sufficient info to speed the process.

TIA

JJ

Reply to
Jeremy

I hate to suggest the obvious, but Ebay has a very good record with reasonable (meaning fairly priced) Unimog sales.

Reply to
Mister Tawny the Talking Tiger

Sorry, this has very little to do with your question. But if you like Unimogs (and who doesn't) you'll love reading this home conversion story:

W126 300SE 234,000 Miles W115 220

Reply to
Just Mike

Very Nice,

Its a shame DC does not realize that they would sell many of these to the American SUV crowd if they just made a few modifications and made them widely available.

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Heh... actually they are available in USA as brand new units... just not at your local MB dealer.

Reply to
Tiger

Try Ebay automotive. DaveHD

Reply to
Dave HD

But they are only available in cab form without recreatinal amenities. No decent automatic transmission. No SUV configuration. Etcetera.

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

I am not sure if they are legal on road... The new unimogs are used for severe duty purposes... like in the forest, etc.

Reply to
Tiger

*pish* forests are for girls, real men drive their unimogs up the escalators in the mall :o) Mike
Reply to
Just Mike