W123 wipers won't park

The wipers on my '84 280e won't park. What part of the system controls this and how can best try and fix it?
regards
VZ

You need a new motor unit... everything is part of it.... also check your wiper stalk to make sure that is good working condition.
OK, so I just checked the motor and cleaned the connections which bear on the contact plate on the pinion, which turns on connection of pos and neg 12v, but does not park.
That leads me to wonder, how is the parking controlled? Is there another power source that activates it? (I guess there must be - there are 3 contacts acting on the contact plate on the pinion)
Anyone know which ones? I'm concerned about laying cable across connections willy nilly until I find it
Any thoughts appreciated
VZ