Wipers self park?

Hi Anyone know what controls the self park function? Mine used to work now it's stopped. I know the connection block is a bit crap to it.

Cheers :) Glyn

91 Cooper
Reply to
Cooperman

Little switch in the wiper motor

see item 3 in diagram

TurboJo

Many thanks :)

I'll investigate. Do you know if that part is available on it's own or would it be new motor assembly?

Cheers

Glyn

Reply to
Cooperman

It's a long time since I changed one of those, but I seem to recall the park switch was incorporated into the connector on the motor. They were available as a separate item.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Thanks very much! I've fixed it for now the connections were corroded so I cleaned them up. It was controlled by a plastic plunger working on a cam. Bad connection meant it didn't park. Roll on a dry summer! :)

Reply to
Cooperman