218 SLD - Wipers wont park

I have a 1994 218 SLD. when my wipers are on intermittent they don't park as they should do. it's like part way through the cycle the power to them sould be taken over by some sort of circuit that returns them to the bottom of my screen. but they don't..... they just stop where ever.

Any idea?

Reply to
Christopher G. Bowler

Hi. I think you are close with your description in that I believe there is a 'parking' cct in the morter mech somewhere that does as you describe.

Not taken the motor out of my 218SD yet but it *might* be that you can take it to bits and clean a contact or summat? Before you do that though you might just check the wiring ..

It looks like you have an earth (Black), Flick wipe (?) on Light blue / Green, Power looks like Green / Grey and there are another two wires who's purpose defeats me as they go through about 25 relays / switches!

The book does show a switch inside the moror assy so that's worth checking

The common on the switch is the Bn / Lt Gn wire

The N/O is Gn grey wire

The N/C is the Bk,

All the best ..

T i m

T i m

Reply to
T i m

its cause is a broken contact in the gearbox on wipers had it on all of my

Reply to
steven.g