Warning beep on 1979 280 SE

Hi all, has anyone ever heard of a 280 SE using the radio to broadcast a warning beep? My radio has a persistant beep that won't go away. It started suddenly, and has continues as long as the radio is on... Is it
possible the car is broadcasting this warning? If so, any idea what it means?
Thanks,
Gordo

I want what you're smoking.
Yeah, it's warning other cars. Uh-huh.
Thought so... have you ever heard of Blaupunkt stereo doing this... all channels, all the time... I actually override it with an fm transmitter connected to an ipod,
Anyway, thanks.
Gord
Richard Sexton wrote:

It's a signal notifying you to tune to CONELRAD, 'cause the balloon went up. Time to get to a fallout shelter, pronto.
"The following is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. This is only a test. Had this been an actual emergency, you'd be writhing on the ground in unspeakable agony, bleeding from every orifice, with your blackened skin falling away in ragged strips."
Geoff
--
Miller's Law: "As an online political debate between a liberal and
a conservative grows longer, the probability that the liberal will