280 SE -- Odomoter

The odometer on my friend's 280SE does not work. The speedometer is fine. Anyone have any clues?

Reply to
David Griffiths

Typical... it is the gear inside that is broken. Not hard to replace if you are handy.

Tiger

Interesting to hear that there is someone who is now retailing the gears. When I had mine fixed about ten years ago, I used Overseas Speedometer repair, and they did a great job. They also calibrated the speedo for me too.

Toll Free: 1-800-444-0292 Voice: 1 512-329-8200 Fax: 1 512-306-0276 Email: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Mail: 100 Wallis Drive Austin, TX 78746 USA

You can also check out Palo Alto Speedometer repair in California, but ten years ago their prices were higher than Overseas. Just some other options, and it is a really easy fix.

Reply to
Hazey

They all do that. Pretty near every postwar german car uses the came vdo module and one gear always wears out. vdo in its infinite wisdoj does not supply the part,.

But, take heart, some enterprising young lad makes them

odometergears.com

Reply to
Richard Sexton