Benz 280 SE 1969 Auto-Transmission Problem

If anyone could advise on this fault. I shift into drive the car moves forward but when I apply accelerator the engine reves, but car moves slowly and eventually over what seems to be too long a period it finaly changes into second gear. From 1st to 2nd is the problem. The rest of the gear changes are OK.

Thank you.

Reply to
chicko

Have you checked ATF level, color and smell?

Regards,

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Ballis

Thank you Ralph I will try changing the ATF and filter

Regards

Chicko

Reply to
chicko

A '69 M-B used a 4 speed step gear transmission modeled after the original GM HydraMatic. It has nothing whatsoever in common with anything from Chrysler. Look elsewhere.

Reply to
DeserTBoB