estate re vamp

Hi I am starting on the rebuild of a 72 clubby but wanting to but a round nose flip front (steel) on it any probs with this conversion. and as the car has single line brakes, with the 1275 motor going in and using 7.5 disc brakes to keep 10" wheels any probs with the master cylinder

Reply to
jacko

You should have no issues fitting the flip front other than how much you want to trim the inner wings down by. Alot of people fitting the steel flip front still keep the bonnet separate - which is V handy. Fit solid subframe bushes to the tower tops (2 bolts each side on yours?).

Single line brakes wont be a problem, just fit braided hoses all round and check your steel brake lines are not corroded. Best replace them while the brake systems apart, they're a bugger to bleed so doing it once is the order of the day! A remote servo would be a good idea, it won't improve braking power but will reduce pedal effort needed to stop. When I fitted mine I put an extra long braided line to it so I could unbolt it then hang it over the wing - no need to disconnect the brake circuit when the engine needed to come out/clutch needed changing/flywheel needed re-lapping etc.

Chri$

Reply to
<$>

I kept the bonnet separate and used quick release bonnet hinges so the bonnet opens as normal. I can't remember where I got mine from it may have been Moss but W&P do them. I'm sure mine only cost about £20.

Peter

Turbo Jo