406 Estate Boot Capacity

Heresy I know, but I'm thing about buying a Volvo V40 however boot space is quite important to me so as my other preference is a 406 estate I'd like to find out what the difference in capacity is. The V40 has 413 cubic litres rear seats up, 751 seats down (not filled to roof) - any of you 406 owners out there know how this compares ?

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
Peter Davis

It's a damn sight bigger than the small Volvo. Don't know the figures but I've had a washing machine in mine, tumble dryer, in fact most of the kitchen at one time or another. Even taken a sink to the tip.

Reply to
John Hollinshead

Agreed - Owned a 406 2.1TD est. fitted everything and anything in it, Now own a Volvo - few carrier bags and thats it.... :-( (p.s worth buying a boot liner)

Reply to
jel183(UK)