any w/shop manuals

Hi guys ive got a 93 2ltr glxi auto space wagon and i am having a hard time finding any manuals or info about it . one of my problems is that when i run the air conditioning the engine cuts out when stopped at traffic lights. Any schematics or detailed books on this model would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...............gaz

remove nospam from email addy to reply.........

Reply to
gazza

out when stopped at traffic lights.

a) on the throttle body top front or rear, there's a black plastic grommet. Under this is the idle air mixture screw (big phillips head). This can be adjusted slightly to speed up the idle. b) or the air idle motor (AIM) (an assembly that's bolted on the bottom of the throttle body) has a problem. One it that there are plastic gears inside, and these can strip, causing an ECU error code. On my 93 Chariot/Spacewagon/Eagle Summit, this error code does not turn on the Check Engine light. The gears are not available separately, and the AIM is a $500 part new. I have not found a good throttlebody at the weckers ($60) yet. Its more of a minor nuisance than a problem.

A second issue is a build up of carbon in the throttle body. Take it off and clean it, and check the AIM gears while you are at it.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Did you try

?

Reply to
Hyundai Tech

thanks guys for the info on my space waggon,first oppertunity will check on those valves

remove nospam from email address to reply.

Reply to
gazza