Hi Guys...

Yeah, long time no-been-around....

First of all, no real good reason why I do not frequent the group any more. No one pissed me off, I did not sell my VWs and went off buying Mustangs, I am not dead, ... I still have me two ('57 deluxe Beetle and my '50 Sunroof..) both have been on the road a bunch this summer, and more to come... Still VERY much a VW nut...

Don't really read too many newsgroups anymore, just don't have the time.... and the new company (work) IT has no real newsgroup server and won't allow me access to the CIS.DE one I used to use.

Zarwerks(.com) is keeping me REAL busy lately, lots of new stuff coming along. Yes, I am making money, but spending it all too. We had a Zarwerks booth at the Classic last June, will have one somewhere next year... I am sinking deeper and deeper in to the hopeless early Beetle vintage fanatic hole (just bought a KDF "K" intake manifold, cog wheel logos and all.............!)

Nice to see some of the old standby names around here, Jan, John Willis, Sneaks, Travis, Tim R. etc. etc, I have always said, those of us with "terminal" My e-mail recently changed (as did everyone at attbi.com.. to comcast.net) the Bugshop is still there although admittedly I don't update it much anymore...

Anyway, enough of that, just wanted to say hello............

Reply to
John Henry

Good to see you back John. Relax, take off the shoes and stay for a while. :o)

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

Whoa, John! Before you go away again, got any idea on how to best mount a rear luggage rack on a Beetle? I have one, but no mounts. I've seen them mounted a couple different ways, too: parallel to the hood and perpendicular. The later seems to be a European style. Makes more sense to me, but...

Reply to
J Stafford

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 05:15:22 GMT, John Henry scribbled this interesting note:

I understand about being busy. Springtime hail storms have had us hopping as of late!

I figured your Zarwerks would keep your spare time short. One of these days you are likely to find that your hobbies keep you happier, busier, and generate more income than your work. Will John take the plunge and become truly self employed at that time? Can he reconcile it when work and play become the same thing? Will he reappear in ramvaland at that time?

BTW, in September there is a BugSwarm here in Garland that is put on by the North Texas VW Club...they have spaces for businesses...if anyone who is running an ACVW business and who reads this forum is interested in stopping by...check out the NTVWC website.

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 10:00:56 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@stafford.net (J Stafford), who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Travis,

That would be the reason he asked John and not you.

Neil

Reply to
Neil

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:39:32 -0600, "Neil" ran around screaming and yelling:

cool...everyone has an opinion...Travis "voiced" his as did you Neil...isn't it cool how that works? J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:39:32 -0600, "Neil" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Oh. Thank you for that response. My response was meant to be a joke. Since you felt it necessary to point out the obvious to me, I feel it necessary to point out the obvious to you. Fair enough, right? :-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Aw now ya tell me. I just spent all afternoon trying to fasten it on with a nailgun (man, am I a lousy shot), then pop-rivets and finally I welded it on. Got to grind through the ton of slag that's keeping the rear decklid from opening now. But it's well ventilated.

Reply to
J Stafford

Damn...and I was SURE you were out there posting on the Yugo NG and blowing us off .... ....glad to hear all finds you and yours well.....touch bases when you get a chance.....

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

..............I thought he was doing weekend cruises with his fellow Windstar enthusiasts.

LOL!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 19:34:01 -0400, "Tim Rogers" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Werd. To yer mutha. ;-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

.............SHEESH!!!.............I actually thought that I was being ridiculous.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers