l300 1986 campervan mpg

please could somebody tell me what the average miles per gallon from a 1986

1.6l petrol van based campervan I am currently getting about 22-25mpg on a good run fully loaded (wife&two kids) with all gear . have just the carb set up a local garage but it still has a flat spot any advice would be very welcome reply to group or mail meat snipped-for-privacy@orange.net

cheers dekah

Reply to
dekah

Dump the wife and the brats and your van's mileage ought to improve! :-) Your sex life might suffer, however...

Really, make sure your fuel system is clean, that the van has clean combustion chambers and reasonably new piston rings, and good spark plugs and ignition wiring. If you are like me, you won't mind losing the cat converter and adjusting the exhaust tuning as needed. Like most things mechanical, dirt is your worst enemy when it comes to cars.

Reply to
Mark Gibson