somebody please tell em.....

that heritage is more than a sticker package. if they truly want to remain true to their heritage, keep the solid front axle and the bulletproof 4.0.

Nathan W. Collier

It has the 4.0 and a solid front axle...and don't count on either to go away soon in the TJ...

:-)

I'm surprised they haven't done something like this already, but I think a quasi-military decal package is in somewhat poor taste.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

that was my whole point. they seem to be playing up the heritage, what im saying is that for the future models, lets hope that goes beyond marketing and into r&d.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

It's missing the shovel holder.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

no, hes a member of the 7slot message board, a straight up guy.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
twaldron

Heh. Sorry, nope.

I picked that brochure up of the dealer's shelf yesterday morning and scanned it in this morning.

More here including a report that someone actually drove it:

Reply to
Tim Hayes

lame....sticker and paint package? lame...

Reply to
serg

Sticker packages are true to the Jeep heritage, remember all the AMC Jeep Renegade, Laredo, Golden Eagle, Levis models? This one is particularly notable for its ugliness! We can look for many more of these as Mercedes drives DC to get more volume out of the Jeep brand.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Here's my guess: Releasing a trim package called the "Willys" paves the way for the release of the "willys2". (I saw that concept vehicle at a car show and it definitely had IFS.)

Reply to
Joshua Nelson

you might be onto something there! i never thought about it like that.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Hmm..... If they have Willys and Willys2, can I get a "free Willys" version? ; )

The $20 - $30k savings would sure go far for uplifting it for, shall we say, heavy duty functionality.

Reply to
Who, me?

...just stick a fat chick in the passenger seat. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

That just makes me want to gag. GAG, I say. Camoflage fabric seats??? GAG, GAG, GAG! The "freedom" edition was cool, offering color-matched fender flares below the Sahara package, but this is pretty darned lame (IMHO).

Brian

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

These are definately real. I read this post yesterday and then went to my dealer to pick up some exhaust parts for my 94 - low and behold they had one out front. Looks just like the pictures except it didn't have the decals on the side of the hood, just the Willy decal in front of the doors. I think the wheels were painted black instead of green too. Has the worst wheels/tires option - what the hell are they thinking?

Reply to
jdarg

Having tried to cynically cash in on the patriotism mood in the US over Iraq with the "Patriot" edition, now they are trying to appeal to the wannabe soldiers with this.. its a bit pathetic really.

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: > "Nathan W. Collier" wrote: : > >

: > > that heritage is more than a sticker package. if they truly want to : remain : > > true to their heritage, keep the solid front axle and the bulletproof : 4.0. : > >

: > >

: > > -- : > > Nathan W. Collier : > >

: :

Reply to