Down to 37 mpg average per tank.

Seems the A/C really drops the mileage, maybe 15-20% or more. With daytime temps running close to 110 degrees, the A/C runs almost constantly and fan speed is almost always high.

However, the car does stay quite cool and comfortable. Just the mileage take a big hit. Must be running off the main battery more than the gas engine.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

It could be all those times you stop for ice-cream ;)

mark_

Reply to
mark digital

You talking to me or the car? ;o)

Damn, it's hot outside!

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Reply to
perfb

What speed? 55? That sounds about right for me under the same conditions at that speed.

Reply to
Bill

This afternoon I got about 50mph avg.. for a 30 min highway trip. On the display it also shown that for a 5 min period it did an avg.. of

75mph! (not flat road at times).

Later in the day after coming from work to home I found that I was getting my best mileage (50+) while driving just shy of 50mph. Also with the A/C running (not all the time - turn off when accelerating) on a 85+ HUMID day.

Our new "Baby"

Born: July 22, 2006 Type: 2006 Prius (Classic Silver) w/pkg # 3 plus some extras Miles: 250+ (still in its break-in period) - had 10miles under it's belt when slapped on it's bottom. Impressions so far: WOW!!!

Reply to
Vic