IMprove cornering on ML 350?

Got to agree the Lambo 4x4 is a weirdly cool vehicle probably the only 4x4 I would consider owning other than a series 1 defender.

Reply to
Depresion

Company Cars? Which engines? The FSi at all??

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

No argument here. The way I see it, when you see stuff you don't care to bother with, you can filter it.

This is no different to changing channel when the TV is showing nonsense.

Reply to
Questions

This is Usenet, please leave any PC NuLabour namby pamby soft and cuddly ideas at the door.

They will be beaten to a pulp, kicked arround the cloakroom, doused in Napalm, and the remains returned to you when you leave.

Please enjoy your stay, and don't feed the trolls.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Yup, hire cars, all FSi "powered".

FSi, besides not working properly in this country (wrong fuel), is a total waste of time.. Weirdly, they all sound like the exhausts are blowing..

Pete M

Reply to
grunty_70

"Pete M @ Work" wrote

Don't FSi engines require fuel with almost zero sulphur content? Also I think they are meant to run on at least 97RON such as Super/Ultimate/Optimax.

The UK has really crappy fuel - my friend actually gets decent MPG and he reports that the car drives better when he drives on the continent, but not here.

Reply to
fishman

Hmm I have heard of slight unconfirmed vibes that VAG are really worried that the FSi system on their 4 cylinder cars is not suited to "the UK" (for whatever reaons) and that they've already had quite alot of warranty work to do on very young cars....

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Well, it *did* do 130 mph and 0-60 in 7.7 seconds. Although now that I've written that, I notice my Zafira beats it on both counts ;) Though I don't suppose I'll be doing an off-roading in it...

I saw an LM002 in the flesh in (I think) 1993 at the classic car thing at Silverstone. Some 18 year old hooray Henry was ragging it about on the grass suring the party on the saturday night.

I woke up the next day with my feet sticking out of the window of a Nova SR (I was laid across the front seats which wasn't the most comfortable place I've ever slept), and saw a giant fire extinguisher fly past, which was strange.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

message

Ford have had a 1.8 direct injection engine out in the mondeo for a while now, havnt heard anything bad about that, anyone else? The petrol companies are all _supposed_ to be moving towards ULS petrol.

Reply to
Andrew Jewitt

message

Yes, about 4 months or so roughly...

I've not seen one on the road as yet- well no badge to shout about it..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Mitsubishi and Volvo have had them for years, and apart from some odd valvetrain problems (sorted under warranty if you push them hard enough but first 3-4 yr production cams lasted 60-70k needing new cams and lifters IIRC) very solid and reliable - my S40 would cruise at 110+, but if not in a hurry would do >550 miles on a tank (

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Aren't they the same FSI units Audi have been selling over here for years now? I don't remember hearing about any problems associated with them.

Reply to
Depresion

Reply to
SteveH

No.

That would be absolutely CRAZY :)

Reply to
Nom

Wouldn't have thought so, but they are late into the direct injection petrol scene (as are the mainstream Vauxhall / Ford). The Mitsu engine is a very good engine -running lean to >3000rpm so with the tall gearing given to the Carisma / S40 it would be efficient to 130km/h.

Alfas JTS IIRC has its main advantages in town with ultra lean idle and low RPM operation.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp