Mk1 1300E GT FOR SALE

For sale, 1974 Ford Escort 1300E GT, Full V5 history and owners manual, Full Mot, Tax until end 08/04 but can be renewed. Purple Velvet, mainly original parts, very clean condition inside and out. No visable body rust or rot. Comes with Quick release steering wheel and mp3 player headunit. Very tidy car. Please email for pics of any part of the car. Located Derby area but can deliver to Midlands at fuel cost. looking for offers around £2500

Please email snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com or phone Ed 07813777245 for further details or pics.

Edk83

Jesus. You could get a decent car for that kind of cash.

Reply to
SteveH

£2500 think he missed typed, should read £25.00 surely :)
Reply to
Vamp

You should certainly get a decent Escort for that, given PC's valuation of

2250 for condition 1.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Scary,

Jack

And that was predictable post #79365, brought to you by usenet's own SteveH :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Foolish boy. A 3 door shell like that can be very saught (sp?) after and worth a fair bit. No idea if its actually worth that or not though, but looks quite clean. If i had a spare couple of grand i may even had brought it!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Brought it where?

Reply to
SteveH

Kiss my hairy arse Mr Smarty Pants :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I have to agree with Vamp here - I certainly wouldn't pay more than £25 for it !

Not by sensible people :)

Why spend £2500 on a slow, loud, uncomfortable, unreliable, ugly old car, when you can spend £2500 on a much quicker, quiet, comfortable, reliable new car ?

Reply to
Nom

Looks like my kind of woman, and the kind of person who might drive a Purple MK1 Escort.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Because totally solid un messed with MK1 shells for rallying are getting=20 very rare. Either they have rotted and been patched so many times they=20 won't be solid enough, or they have been rolled and wrapped round welsh=20 hill stone walls, or forests oddly containing trees.

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo

I've never heard it called *that* before... ;)

Reply to
Questions

My first car was a Mark 1 Escort. Same year 2 door snot green in colour. Great fun as a 18 year old hoon. Payed Aus$400 for it. And that was 12 years ago. Can't imagine it being worth anything now.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

"Fraser Johnston" wrote

I think that people rate Mk1 and Mk2 Escorts because the Mk3 onwards were so pitifully dreadful. I think it may also have something to do with rally heritage and the fact that their rear wheels are driven.

I like the shape and I'd like a go in one of the Cosworth engined ones I've seen at Santa Pod though.

Reply to
fishman

coz itz a classic, innit.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Are you _sure_ that's a woman.... I'd look again if I were you!

Reply to
SteveH

Still dime a dozen here. I would like a Mk2 RS2000 though.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I've seen butcher looking women in skirts, bu maybe not. the knees do look a little masculine?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Hairy legs & sideburns give it away.

May I present the following further evidence:

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH